DVDs might seem like an old fashioned way of storing data, they can store large amount of data and they are also very cheap to buy and distribute. Getting back to the topic, so were talking about a way to rip DVD to a digital file for playing on TV via Western Digital Media Server.
However, ripping a DVD isn’t exactly as easy as it sounds. You can just copy paste the files on the DVD to your PC inside of a folder but then these files are always in junk and you cannot play it on most of the TVs. So, choose a right DVD Ripper which really fits your need is very important. In this post I will tell you about a really good DVD Ripper that works well and comes with functions that make it a complete solution. With it, you can easily rip DVD to your TV/WD Media Server accepted formats. After that, you can stream the ripped DVD movies to Western Digital Media Server to watch on TV.
The name of the software is Pavtube DVDAid and you will get the reasons why I recommend this software over other software in following part:
1. Be able to rip DVD with copy protection, region code, Sony code, Disney code etc.
2. Be able to rip DVD to optimized format for Samsung/Sony/LG/Panasonic TV.
3. Be able to rip DVD movies to Western Digital Media Server readable video formats.
4. Be able to support NVIDIA CUDA and ATI Stream (AMD APP) acceleration technologies.
5. Set preferred audio track and subtitles from the source DVD video for the output movie and achieve better movie enjoyment.
6. You could adjust video codec, video display ratio, bitrate, frame rate and more presets to get great DVD experience at home or on the move.
7. If you have over 500 DVD discs and want to backup them to any Storage devices, like Synology NAS, OneDrive,Google Drive, USB, QNAP NAS, FreeNAS, MyCLoud NAS drive, WD 6TB My Cloud Mirror Gen 2, 4 TB Promise Drive, 25 TB Drobo DAS Storage
or Seagate Wireless Plus, etc., Pavtube DVDAid can do!
– Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/dvd_ripper/
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-DVDAid/3000-7970_4-76158510.html
Steps to Rip DVDs to Western Digital Media Server in TV supported format
Step 1. Load DVD disc
Insert the DVD disc into your computer’s DVD drive and launch DVD to the app (Mac version is here). Then click “File” to select and import the DVD files you want to rip to this program. DVD folder and ISO image files are also supported.
Tip: 1. Because the subtitles are not hardcoded on the DVD video, so we can choose the subtitles which you want to keep. Just click the drop down menu after “Subtitles”, force subtitle can be checked for output so as to help you to read the unknown language and fully enjoy the DVD movies.
2. On the main interface, check option to combine all your separate video clips into one single file.
Step 2: Set output format
Western Digital Media Sever supports a wide range of video formats, including MKV, MP4, XVID, AVI, WMV, MOV and more. While, to play DVD on TV smoothly, you should choose your final TV supported format. You can choose the format in the “TVs”.
PS. The app provides optimized format for Samsung/Sony/LG/Panasonic TV, other TV can also choose these formats as output format.
Step 3: Edit the DVD files(optional)
The DVD Converter comes with the editing functions enables you to customize your own videos in the following ways:
A. Crop – Crop the video frame size for better visual effects on the player.
B. Trim – Split the video clips to choose your favorite part of the DVD movies.
C. Effects – You can change the video parameters like brightness, saturation, contrast and more…
Tip: By clicking the “Settings” button, you also can modify the video/audio parameters to get a decent output videos for a better playback.
Step 4: Start to convert
After all necessary settings, go back to the main interface and click “Convert” to begin the DVD conversion. When the ripping completes, you can click “Open” to locate the ripped video files directly.
After that, plug in a USB device to Western Digital Media Player, and you can use the included remote control to browse your content using either thumbnail or list views. Now enjoying your DVD movies on TV from Western Digital Media Player.
- How to Play DVD Spotlight on iPhone 6S Freely?
- How to Stream ISO image on Amazon Fire TV 2 via NAS?
- How to Play and Enjoy Blu-ray/DVD/Video on LG Ultra 4K TV Windows and Mac?
- How to Stream DVD movies to Samsung 55″ TV Via Kodi on QNAP NAS?
- Simple Solution to Store DVD Movies on NAS and Stream to TV for Viewing