Store all kinds of media to Mac media server makes you easy to access your media. If you have a collection of DVD discs, the last thing you probably want to do is swapping them out every time you want to watch something. The solution, of course, is to rip your DVD collections to a digital format to store onto Mac media sever for easily access on iPhone/iPad/Apple TV etc. If you do not know the way, then you come to the right place. As I will show you an easy way to rip DVD on OS X and get movies onto Mac media sever.
To rip DVD to Mac media sever on OS X, you gonna need a DVD ripper. Pavtube BDMagic for Mac is highly recommended as one of the best DVD disc handling tools for Mac users on the market.
Requires: Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion, Snow Leopard10.6, Leopard 10.5
Highlights on Pavtube BDMagic for Mac:
* Rip DVD disc or convert DVD movies to all mainstream devices supported video format.
* Convert/rip/shrink/copy the latest releases of DVD movies.
* Cut off unwanted video parts and just preserve segment out of a complete movie.
* Remove black edges and unwanted area of image in original movie with simple operation.
* Adjust output aspect ratio, such as 16:10, 16:9, 5:4, 4:3 and 2:1.
* Allows you to batch convert your videos to save your much time.
* DVD Ripper + DVD copier + Blu-ray Ripper + Blu-ray Copier
* Directly Copy DVD/Blu-ray main movie without extras.
* Full Disc Copy DVD/Blu-ray Disc with original disc structure.
* Support adding *.srt or *.ass subtitles in DVD/Blu-ray movies.
– Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-ripper-mac/
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-BDMagic/3000-7970_4-76177782.html
Steps to Rip DVD to Mac Media Server on OS X
Step 1. Load DVD disc
Insert your DVD disc into a DVD drive, run the program on your computer, on the main interface click “File” > “Load from disc” to import the DVD disc to the program. You can also directly drag and drop the files to the app.
Step 2: Set output format
The program provides you optimized preset format for all mainstream devices. Click “Format” bar, and just choose your devices optimized preset video format. For example:
1. For iPhone 6/Plus and iPhone 6S/Plus to play:
2. For Apple TV 3/4 to play:
3. For iPad Mini 4/3/2/1 to play:
4. For all devices to play:
1. Open “Video Editor” window and switch to the “Trim” tab, you can drag the slider bars to include the segment you want to remain, click the left square bracket to set start point, and click the right square bracket to set end point when previewing the video or directly input specific values to “Start” and “End” box.
2. Open “Video Editor” window, switch to and click “Crop” tab, click the icon on the right-bottom to swtich to the advanced mode, then you can choose the output aspect ratio such as 16:10, 16:9, 5:4, 4:3 and 2:1 from the drop-down list of “Display Aspect Ration”.
3. Click the “Subtitle” tab in “Video Editor” window, check “Enable”, then you will be able to add external SRT/ASS/SSA subtitle files to the video as hard subtitles.(Difference between soft subtitles and hard subtitles)
Step 3: Start to convert
Switch back to the main interface, click the big button “Convert” on bottom-right corner to start conversion. When the process is over, you can find the converted files by clicking the “Open output folder” on the main interface of the program.
Now, transfer the converted DVD movies to Mac media sever for easily access on iPhone/iPad/Apple TV etc.