I don’t know whether you have such experience:
“I have a WDTV Live and an external hard drive. I want to put all of my media (DVD’s, Music, etc.) on these drives for easier access. What are the best software choices for backup/ripping/copying DVD to an external hard drive while still being able to access and play the movies via WDTV live?” A user ask help from internet.
If you have the same trouble and you want to solve this trouble at all, firstly, choosing a suitable software to convert DVDs to a friendly format with compatible format .
You can choice the software from the below points:
- 1.Decrypt copyrighted DVDs’CSS protections and region codes
- 2. Optimization profile (TVS, ipad, BlackBerry, HTC, etc.)
- 3. Convert DVD to various output presets (including H.265/HEVC, H.264/MPEG-4, MKV, MP4, AVI, MPEG, WMV, FLV, SWF, F4V, MOV, etc.)
- 4. Faster speed with GPU acceleration
- 5. With the least money do most things
From above mentioned, Pavtube ByteCopy is highly recommended for you (Review: Reasons to choose Pavtube ByteCopy. It supports converting DVD to virtually any popular video and audio format so that you can freely watch movies on WDTV Live. Also, a commercial DVD disc is always protected, by using Pavtube ByteCopy, you can easily rip off the encryption, then backup a 1:1 Blu-ray folder that is exactly the same as original.
ByteCopy offers a lossless MKV option in output list, which means you’ll get a real uncompressed MKV file without any quality loss on big screen. In addition, t is also a user-friendly movie editing tool with the professional functions to trim, crop, merge, insert subtitles, export srt/ass/ssa subtitles, add video effects in the target movie.
Now, Thanksgiving Day is coming, Pavtube offers up to 40% discount for hot products to reward our customers (more sales information please kindly follow: free get the software at below and follow the steps to backup/Rip/Copy DVD to an external hard drive).
– Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/bytecopy/
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-ByteCopy/3000-7970_4-76158512.html
How to backup/Rip/Copy Your DVD Library to an External hard drive?
Step 1: Load DVD disc
Insert the DVD disc into the optical drive on your computer. Click “File” > “Load from disc” to add DVD disc to the program.
Step 2: Choose format and set profile
You have two methods to choose the format:
a. Set “Common Video” > “H.264 HD Video(*.mp4)” as the output format from “Format” extended option.
b. Set “TVS” > “Panasonic TV (*.mp4)” as the output format from “Format” extended option.
Step 4: Start DVD to conversion process
After you have finished all the settings, begin the conversion process by clicking the right-bottom “Convert” button.
When the conversion is completed, click “Open output folder”, a window will pop out with all your converted files. You can transfer them to your external hard drive and then plug the drive into your WDTV Live USB port for enjoying movies.
- Best DVD Ripper for Mac/Windows Reviews
- Saving digital copies of Blu-ray disks to Micro SD cards on Mac El Capitan
- Convert 3D Movies for Watching Films on Your Samsung Gear VR
- Store DVDs and Blu-rays on a Asustor AS-202TE Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- How to play Panasonic DMC-GH4R 4K MOV in QuickTime on Mac El Capitan
- How to Play 3D Blu-ray Movies on WD TV Live/Live Plus/Live Hub/Live Streaming?