After more than 13 years of development, the HandBrake Team is delighted to present HandBrake 1.0.0. Basically, what Handbrake allows you to do is convert any input video file or DVD/Blu-Ray video source that is not copy protected, to the file container formats mp4 or mkv. The video conversion program is easy to use on the one hand, but offers advanced options for users who want more control over the conversion process.
So what is new in HandBrake 1.0.0? A lot. The presets that the program ships with have been updated big time. You get new device presets for devices released in recent time, new general use presets for best compatibility, new presets for web publication or sending, and new Matroska presets that include support for VP9 video with Opus audio.
You can find details on what’s new in HandBrake 1.0.0 below. Hit the link to download the latest version for free.
What New in HandBrake 1.0.0?
HandBrake 1.0.0 comes with new web and MKV presets. The official presets from HandBrake 0.10.x can be found under ‘Legacy.’ New Jason-based preset system, including command line support, has been added.
The additional features of HandBrake are title/chapter selection, queuing up multiple encodes, chapter markers, subtitles, different video filters, and video preview.
Just in case you have a compatible Skylake or later CPU, Intel QuickSync Video H.265/HEVC encoder support brings performance improvements.
HandBrake 1.0.0 also brings along new online documentation beta. It’s written in a simple and easy-to-understand language.
Find the complete changelog here.
HandBrake 1.0.0 is an excellent video converter that is powerful and easy to use at the same time. The new version improves the program significantly for all supported operating systems.
While it is still not the one-video-converter to rule them all, as it lacks options to merge or split video files for instance, it is excellent when it comes to converting different video sources to mp4 or mkv.
Handbrake 1.0.0 also has some drawbacks to make people to elsewhere for a more polished tool.
1. It is lacking in the human interface niceties that most of us have come to expect in easy-to-use software. It does the job it claims to do but it is not very pleasant to use.
2. Can’t convert protected Blu-ray/DVD
3. No NVENC and AMDAPP support
4. It doesn’t allow remuxing/ stream copy features (which with modern HW players it’s an useful feature as they have the capability to play optimized video for many codecs and resolutions, but probably fail on variety of containers support, or just the audio needs to be transcoded so no need to touch the video)
Handbrake 1.0.0 Alternative: Rip/Copy Protected Blu-ray/DVD
Pavtube ByteCopy is a free-to-try Blu-ray ripping application for Windows that features simple and user-friendly tools and functionalities for all your video needs. It is designed to rip commercialBluRaymovies as well as convert DVDs into MKV format with ease. It also features powerful BD decryption utilities enabling users to remove copy protections on all BluRay discs.
In addition, recently, Pavtube Studio has upgraded Pavtube ByteCopy to version 18.104.22.168 with supporting the most advanced hardware acceleration NVIDIA CUDA & AMD APP by H.264/H.265 codec, which can give users 30x video transcoding speed than before.
* Reads DVD and Blu-ray discs
* Reads DVD-Video(VIDEO_TS.IFO) folder, Blu-ray(BDMV) folder and ISO files
* Reads Blu-ray discs protected with latest versions of AACS, BD+, MKB v61, MKB v62.
* Preserves all video and audio tracks, including HD audio
* Preserves chapters information
* Rip BD/DVD to lossless/uncompressed MKV container
* Fast conversion – converts as fast as your drive can read data.
* No additional software is required for conversion or decryption.
* Convert BD/DVD to MP4 wrapper with multiple subtitle/audio tracks.
* Add subtitles to BD/DVD and extract SRT subtitles from BD/DVD
* Rip Blu-ray/DVD to FLAC, WMA, MKV, MP3, etc audio files.
Enable H.265 CUDA When Ripping Blu-ray/DVD in ByteCopy
Simply click “File” > “Load from Disc” to load your Blu-ray and DVD movies. Then Choose “H.265 MP4 Video” in “Format” drop-down list. Now, move your cursor to “Tools” button on the top of the main interface to choose “Options”. Then you can enable GPU acceleration.
- New Official Site: http://www.multipelife.com/bytecopy
- Old Official Site: http://pavtube.cn/bytecopy/
- CNET Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-ByteCopy/3000-7970_4-76158512.html
- Softonic Download: https://pavtube-bytecopy.en.softonic.com/
- Softpedia Download: http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tools/CD-DVD-Rip-Other-Tools/Pavtube-ByteCopy.shtml
- Video/Audio Formats Handbrake Deals With
- Free use HandBrake to Rip DVD to iPhone/iPad
- Handbrake DVD Rip Tutorial on Mac
- Handbrake Reviews and Top 4 Alternatives to Handbrake
- Handbrake vs Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate : Which One Is Right for You?