My Cloud EX4, an advanced home storage and personal cloud server, allows you to backup Blu-ray and DVD movies to it to save physical space and watch Blu-ray/DVD on TV without getting off couch over and over again. However, all TVs do not support to play Blu-ray or DVD movies directly due to the format incompatible issue, so you have to rip Blu-ray/DVD to TV accepted format before backing up Blu-ray and DVD movies to My Cloud EX4. Do not know what format to choose, well, I recommend you to backup Blu-ray and DVD to lossless Multi-track MKV to My Cloud EX4 for TV playback.
Why Choose Lossless Multi-track MKV for Blu-ray/DVD Backup?
1. MKV format is able to hold unlimited and any type of audio, video and subtitle streams. You can put a complete movie into a single file including various audio, video and subtitle streams as well preserving menus and chapter structure. You can find everything in a MKV file when coping and converting DVD/Blu-ray movie to MKV.
2. As a powerful and free container format, MKV supports various audio and video codecs like H.264, VC-1, AC3, DTS, etc. During DVD/Blu-ray movie to MKV format backup, the original audio/video compression format is still retained. When putting audio and video contents to a MKV file without en-decoding, you’ll preserve lossless video quality and reduce processing time.
3. Can you find a more flexible video format than MKV? In addition to the novel features of fast seeking in life, chapter entries, it also features selectable subtitle streams and audio streams, which means you can remove undesired or unwanted subtitles or audio tracks from a MKV file. You can also extract video stream for compression and remux it into a single MKV file.
How to Backup Blu-ray/DVD to Lossless Multi-track MKV to My Cloud EX4 for TV
A powerful Blu-ray/DVD ripper is the key. Here, I suggest you to use Pavtube ByteCopy to rip your Blu-ray and DVD movies to lossless multi-track MKV format to store in My Cloud EX4 for TV for TV playback.
Why choose Pavtube ByteCopy?
1. Lossless/uncompressed MKV option and multiple soft audio tracks & subtitles.
ByteCopy offers a lossless MKV option in output list, which means you’ll get a real uncompressed MKV file without any quality loss on big screen. It also offers multi-track MKV/MP4/MOV/AVI presets with multiple audio streams and removable subtitles, so you can free switch, turn on/off during playback.
2. 1:1 Disc Copy with protection removed.
A commercial Blu-ray/DVD disc is always protected by all kinds of encryptions from film studio and publisher. Here by using Pavtube ByteCopy, you can easily rip off the encryption, then backup a 1:1 Blu-ray/DVD folder that is exactly the same as original. It works with both purchases and rentals so you can free exchange discs with family members
3. Various output presets.
Pavtube ByteCopy supports converting BD/DVD to virtually any popular video and audio format so that you can freely watch movies not only on TV, but also on Apple iOS devices, Android OS devices, Windows RT/Pro devices, HDTV, 3D TVs, PSP, PS4, Plex, WDTV Live, Roku and more devices.
4. Additional editing functions
This multi-track Blu-ray/DVD converter can be considered as a user-friendly movie editing tool with the professional functions to trim, crop, merge, insert subtitles, export srt/ass/ssa subtitles, add video effects in the target movie.
– Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/bytecopy/
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube … 970_4-76158512.html
Steps to Backup Blu-ray/DVD to Lossless Multi-track MKV to My Cloud EX4 for TV
Step 1. Load Blu-ray/DVD movies
Run the program on your computer, import your Blu-ray/DVD disc by clicking “File” and “Load from disc”. When both Blu-ray or DVD disc exists, the program will load DVD disc first.
Step 2: Set output format
Click the format bar to follow “Multi-track Video” and “Lossless/encoded Multi-track MKV (*.mkv)” to have the best Blu-ray/DVD playback on TV. If you want your converted Blu-ray/DVD movies to be compatible for all devices, choose Multi-track MP4 (*.mp4).
Step 3: Adjust multi-task settings.
Click “Settings” on the main interface to open “Multi-task Settings” window, all audio and subtitle tracks from the source files are checked and to be saved in the output MKV container by default, if there are some audio tracks or subtitle streams you don’t like, uncheck and remove them under the “Audio” and “Subtitle” tab.
Step 4: Start to convert
Click the big button “Convert” to start conversion. When the process is over, you can find the converted files by clicking the “Open output folder”.
Now, backup the converted Blu-ray movies in lossless multi-track MKV format to My Cloud EX4 for TV playback.